A Sydney woman who fell on the track while crossing the country from Australia to New Zealand has been stuck on the lines for another six months, with her family struggling to get through the ordeal.
Jessica Cuthbertson was hit by a train on February 23, 2017, when she was crossing the Tasman in New Zealand.
The family has had to spend six months on the waiting list for an ambulance.
The woman, who was in her 50s, lost her right arm and has been left in a wheelchair since her injury.
Ms Cuthbergson, from Wiradjuri, in the NSW south-east, lost the arm after a fall and suffered permanent damage to her hip, hip socket and thigh.
Her brother-in-law, Stephen, said he was told her arm was in a “fairly bad shape” and that the operation would cost between $30,000 and $40,000.
Ms Dott said the family had been “stuck” on the train since February.
“We have been stuck for almost six months with no end in sight,” she said.
“I’ve had no answers from the company or the Government.”
“They have never come up with an answer.”
Ms Dottson’s brother- in-law said they had received no reply from the Ministry of Transport about Ms Cotttsons condition and had been left with little hope of getting her back on the line.
“It’s just been a nightmare,” he said.
A Ministry of Supply spokeswoman said a train driver would be on duty every 10 minutes and would call the driver at the end of every shift to check if a passenger was not available.
Ms Lopat said the Ministry would be working with the company to help them “as much as possible”.
“We’re not a train company, we’re a railway company,” she added.
Ms Kavita, a former schoolteacher, said she had no idea how long Ms Cottsons life would take.
She said she could not understand why the Government would “put people in a position where they’re stuck on these trains”. “
They just keep going down this long road to get to the bottom of it.”
She said she could not understand why the Government would “put people in a position where they’re stuck on these trains”.
“They should be here working and looking after the people who need them the most.”
Ms Lopy said she was still not sure why Ms Cotsons family had to wait so long for an emergency response.
“The system isn’t working for the most vulnerable people,” she told news.com.au.
It’s just ridiculous.” “
It doesn’t make sense.
It’s just ridiculous.”
A spokesperson for the Department of Health said it was looking into the case and was “working closely with our community partners to get the right answers”.
Ms Loping said she would keep Ms Coteson updated on her progress.